Dr. Andhe Pallavi
Professor & Head
The department of Electronics & Instrumentation Engg is headed by Dr. Andhe Pallavi. The department is existing right from the inception of RNSIT. The department has highly qualified, experienced & dedicated faculty, committed to impart technical knowledge using advanced pedagogic methodologies
Department of Electronics & Instrumentation Engg is also a recognized VTU R&D center where 05 candidates are pursuing Ph.D.
Under this Department M.Tech in Industrial Electronics is running.
The department has full-fledged labs catering to VTU curriculum & beyond. Some of our labs are Analog Electronics & IC Labs, Logic Design Lab, Instrumentation Lab, Process control Lab (incorporating PC based level, flow,temperature & pressure control loops, PLCs (GE FANUC based), LabVIEW based experiments, sensors & their signal conditioning, etc), DSP Lab (CCS &TMS320C6711 DSKs), VHDL & Verilog Lab (XC2S 200E Spartan kits), Microcontroller lab (8051 and PIC 16F877 based), Control systems Lab, Microprocessor lab (8086 based) etc. The department also features an exclusive departmental library with over 500 books donated by alumni, staff & college management.
The department has an exclusive ISOI (Instrument Society of India Students Chapter) from 2007, with a membership of over 100 students annually. IT students are also active members of IEEE and ISTE students’ chapters at RNSIT.
The department also has an excellent placement record with students being placed in companies such as Infosys. Tech-Mahindra, Wipro, Yokagawa, TCS, National Instruments, Cisco, etc. Some of our alumni have also been inducted into Indian air force, naval & army services.
The department also contributes healthily to the college’s sports team’s such basket ball, cricket, football, athletics and have won many intercollegiate & State level competitions.
Empowering Instrumentation Engineers to Changing Technologies.
- To provide knowledge in the latest technologies to make the students aware of the need of measurement and control in every field of engineering.
- To equip students with skills needed to succeed in industries and to pursue higher studies.
- To motivate students to engage in lifelong learning and to contribute to society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Preparation: To prepare students with technical knowledge and practical skills in the field of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Core Competence: To equip students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required for comprehending the basic measurement principles, designing and implementing control / monitoring applications with hardware and software proficiency to solve instrumentation engineering problems and also to pursue higher studies.
- Breadth: To train EIE students with skills needed to create novel products and solutions for real life problems in various domains viz., biomedical, aircraft, optical, analytical, Process control, telemetry, etc.
- Professionalism & Learning Environment: To inculcate in EIE students an ethical and a professional attitude by providing an academic environment inclusive of effective communication, teamwork, leadership, ability to relate engineering issues to a broader social context and life-long learning needed for a successful professional career
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Instrumentation Engineers are able to:
- Domain Knowledge: relate the fundamental concepts of Instrumentation (measurement, control, operation, monitoring and maintenance) to varied measurement systems and models.
- Skill Set: design and develop automatic control system for the given specifications in the allied fields of engineering.
- Adaptability: adapt and migrate to changing interdisciplinary technologies to provide improvised solutions.
- Adequate number of rooms for lectures (core/electives), seminars, tutorials, etc for the program.
- Teaching aids multimedia projectors, etc.;Acoustics, class room size, conditions of chairs/benches, air circulation, lighting, exits, ambiance, and such other amenities / facilities.
- Faculty Rooms in the Department with internet facility and Space for Eight Laboratory covering an area of 983 Sft.
- Dilip Holla College Cultural Secretary - 2015-16 .
- Jyothy S T Gold medal for bagging 1st Rank in VTU (2013)
- Ramya D Gold medal for bagging 1st Rank in VTU (2014)
- PG Students have bagged first 3 Ranks in Industrial Electronics in year 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 continuously
- Aniketh Concerts at Grammy award of Dr. Prakash Sontakke at international Hampi utsav 2016. Performance with International violinist of Dr. Joysnath Srikanth at Chidambaram stadium at Chennai. Participated in table tennis of VTU, inter College tournament & won it.
- Prithvi Sanketh Concerts at prestigious stages during Navarathri and Ramanavami accompanying famous radio artist.
- Vedant Kumar played football in Delhi tournament and winner of it.
- Apoorva Sharma Performed dance on award function of B K Vasantha Lakshmi in DD Chandana channel.
- Arun 148th Rank in GATE
- Jagadek Jewargi and Rajath V Basketball Winners at RNSIT, Runner-Ups at BMSCE and RVCE
- Aditya Parashara Composed theme song for Kannada movie Shuddhi
|Name of the Conference, etc Organized
|MSP430 Microcontroller And Programming
|Career Guidance (Aptitude Training)
|MATLAB for M.Tech Students
|CRTIEI-2013 - Recent Trends In Industrial Electronics And Instrumentation
|Process Control Systems and DCS
|Implementation Of Controllers (Deadbeat, Dahlin, Smith Predictor) Using Simulink
|Circuits, Controls, and communications (C3 2013)
|2 day workshop on VHDL
|ARM Cortex M3 processors
- In our Department, the faculty members and students volunteers promote and carry out various welfare activities enthusiastically. We have our NSS wing through which students get a scope to do various activities of social importance. As a part of social responsibility of the institution, the following are some of the contributions of our Department.
- 5K Marathon To cause uproar to save Tigers, 5K marathon was organized on 02.04.2017, planned by Mountaineering Club (MC), RNSIT. Mr.Manju Rahul, 6th semester, Dept of EIE is Vice President for the MC. 10 Volunteers from 6th semester EIE Dept. are coordinating the event.
- Mr. Mallikarjun H M, Dept. of EIE, NSS officer attended one day orientation programme for NSS Programme Officers organized by VTU Belgaum on 27.04.2013.
- Shekar H S, Shobha H Prasad, Mallikarjun H M (EIE Department) and Gayatri V Kanade of RNSIT NSS Staff Coordinators attended Lions club annual day in the year 2014-15.
- NSS unit, in association with Lions Blood Bank has been organizing Blood donation camp in RNSIT premises. Every year four blood bank visits the campus. In the recent camp on February 2017, NSS unit mobilized 468 units of blood. Mr. Mallikarjun H M, Asst. Prof., Dept. of EIE, NSS Programme officer along with fifteen Dept. of EIE students volunteered for the event.
- Dept of EIE students volunteered for "youth for seva" in presenting posters, cleanliness drives, etc.
- NSS Day: RNSIT Campus: 24.09.2013: NSS Student volunteers from the Department of EIE taught Computer/Technical terms and practical exposure to Nammura Govt School, Channasandra.
|Name of the course
- Newsletter TATVA is released by our department annually. For these magazines, the staff and students of the individual department take responsibility in bringing out their respective departmental magazines
- Open House Project Expo is conducted by the Department every year which gives opportunity for the students to display their projects which benefits their learning capabilities. Event was held on 11.05.2017, from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm at the quadrangle of the Academic Block III. Around 30 teams had presented their projects, with 18 projects from UG students and 12 projects from PG students.
- Release of Bi-annual students’ newsletter ‘TATVA’.
- An one day fest encompassing paper presentation, circuit debugging, quiz, gaming, model presentation, etc. on 20th of October every year under ISOI banner.
- Conducting regular training programmes for students incorporating additional curriculum (such as DSP using LabVIEW, VHDL interfacing, etc) to augment their skills, improved employment opportunities etc.
- Invited guest lectures and seminars from eminent industrialists & professors from elite institutions.
- Organizing short-term workshops & faculty development courses for in house & VTU staff of other colleges.
|Number of papers published in peer reviewed journals (national/international) by faculty and students
||Number of publications listed in International Database (For Eg: Web of Science, Scopus, Humanities International Complete, Dare Database - International Social Sciences Directory, EBSCO host, etc
||Books with ISBN/ISSN numbers with details of publishers