Placements & HR
An independent, self sufficient Placement and Training cell is functional in the institute since 2002-2003. The Placement and Training Centre is headed by Murali Krishna K Mysore, Chief Liasion Officer (Corporate relations,HR,Training & Placements), who has more than 28 years of experience in the Corpotate World. A Senior business, technology & IT delivery leader with over 28 years of experience. He has advised Global majors on their strategies and established Global Delivery Model for support. Handled many roles such as COO, Sr. VP, VP, AVP, Delivery Head, Unit Head, ODC Head Etc. Before joining RNSIT as CLO, he was the COO at JK Technosoft (A JK Group Company) and before that he was the VP at Tech Mahindra, handling the Europe Delivery. He has worked in reputed organizations such as The World Bank - USA, Sonata Software, Satyam, L & T, Fannie Mae - USA, Triveni, Hinduja Group Etc. He has extensively worked in emerging technologies such as Digital transformation & connecting devices. He is a Certified Global Business Leader, from Harvard Business School with 90.2 % & ‘A’ grade. MCA first batch to Karnataka with 5th Rank to University of Mysore. He has certifications in SAP, Oracle & PB. He has worked over 13 years in USA and Travelled to 50+ countries across the globe. In addition to Chief Liasion Officer, Dr. Kiran P, Placement and Training Officer, with more than 15 years of experience supports in the activities of Placement and Training Cell. The Placement and Training Centre is supported with extravaganza of infrastructure such as air-conditioned 200 seat seminar hall, a 400 seat seminar cum testing hall with modern electronic teaching aids like LCD projector, wireless internet service, computer support etc. The two seminar halls can provide simultaneous testing facility for 600 students at a time. The centre also houses independent interview rooms as well as group discussion rooms for the visiting panel / HR Managers of the corporate world. To the best of placements being provided in RNSIT and to maintain ourselves in the list of top VTU affiliated engineering colleges in karnataka.
In order to improve the probability of success in any recruitment process, the Training and placement cell enhances the employability of the student by conducting specialized training in mathematical ability, aptitude skills, analytical skills, language skills, technical skills in addition to, on line placement mock tests, which are key skill sets over and above the academic credentials. The recruitment training is conducted by professionals from in house resources as well as professional trainers from the corporate world. The training sessions are scheduled during the semester breaks in addition to crash courses during the start of campus placement season.
Special sponsored live projects from reputed industries are conducted in the college to enhance the industry exposures to the students. Special training sessions, beyond the curriculum, on the latest technology like FPGA design etc., are conducted by experts from the education as well as industry background. Industry visits are organised to enhance the corporate knowledge of the students. Apart from regular training, cell also invites reputed institutions who are engaged in training students for CAT/GMAT/GRE/TOEFL/GATE etc., to help the students interested in pursuing higher education. RNSIT is one of the top VTU affiliated engineering colleges in karnataka.
RNSIT, Liaison OfficeRNSIT has an exclusive Liaison Office which facilitates - HR, Placements, Training, Corporate relations, Internal IT and Entrepreneur development activities to students. The Centre is headed by Chief Technology &Liaison Officer . The center carries out the following activities such as,
- The Liaison center provides extensive training in the areas of Verbal, Personality development, Reasoning, Aptitude &Soft skills to all the pre-final year students to enable them to acquaint to the current corporate demands. It also helps the students to face the interviews, perform better in group discussions and help them create the right set of CV’s.
- Every year more than 60+ top and well established organizations across the country / abroad from all sectors visit the campus for recruitment. Year on year there is a considerable increase in the number of offers received by our students
- Most of the top companies across the nation, visit us for Campus Recruitment. There is tremendous competition amongst companies to visit the Campus to recruit the best talent of the institution. The publicity and communication given by the Liaison Office over the years, has enhanced the number of offers by 15% year on year
- The students are given a choice of opting for 3 job opportunities – 1 Mass recruiting, 1 Core company and 1 higher package company
- MOU signed with industries such as
- STUDSAT - with ISRO and VTU Institutions
- Co-Cubes, Olive Board &Monster - College Platform for Placement Practice Test
- Aspiring Minds Student Evaluation System
- Infosys &Tech Mahindra Campus Connect
- IBM Academic Initiative &Certification program in Java
- Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance
- ARICENT Academic Initiative
- FACE &Seventh Sense for Non-Technical training
- Coaching in Computer related courses such as C, C++, Java, Data-Structures to non-Computer Science Students.
- Out-Bound Training for MBA Students at Pegasus
- Head Start Foundation Program by M/s. ACCENTURE for high performing students.
- Special Training through IEEE Chapter on Python, Android, Cloud Computing &IBM tools
Vision"Our placement cell has been deeply dedicated to provide opportunities for comapnies to find the right talent among students for their specific needs. We at RNSIT have a diverse student community, where we promote a wide variety of academic courses by enriching their frontier aspects, thereby enhancing the overall development of individuals. It is our vision to establish a scenario for the smooth transition of students from academic to professional lives."
Significant developments and Achievements
- Average consistent pass percentage of more than 85% in university exams, resulted in better quality of input
Higher Package Companies